PDA

View Full Version : Tutorial Acronis

Banki
02-23-2009, 03:38 AM
Hey people,

Here Are Some Guide Lines My Brother And Me Worked Out Using The Software in Sebass747 Acronis post Link :
http://www.warez-bb.org/viewtopic.php?t=1391893&highlight=

Triple Boots

1. unhook all esternal hd, sd-cards/other memcards, and usbmemsticks
2. reformat your system pref. with windows sp3 black edition its in section appz or just use your plain xp home edition and boost it up dowloading updates
3. install acronis disk director suite 10
4. create 4 parititions ==> 1 primary activated to install your first os on for me xp black edition(or one of the other xp versions) and the Acronis multiboot tool.
5. paritition 2 also primary ==> Is to install your second os on for me it's vista ultimate edition
6. paritition 3 also primary ==> Is to install your third os on for me it's Ubunto/linux (but this one can also be installed on a logical partition doesn't really need primary but it's alwas better.)
7. paritition 4 is a logical on or extended ==> Is to intall your programs on wich will be shared by xp blaxk and vista (office 2007, photoshop and so on)
8. thats it we tried it on an older system also pentium and dual core everything works perfect no glitches

It's almost the same procedure we used but there hds who only can handel 3 primaries and some only 2 primaries.

Hds with 3 primarie partitions

1. just use the steps wtich i explained in my first tips
2. but you only can create 3 primarie partions do that activate 1 as main boot don't forget to keep track of your hd size lets say 250gig ide well create 3 partitions of +/- 45gigs and activate 1 as boot. So now you used up a little more then 135 gigs.
3. with the rest of your hd adds will let you create a logical to put data on so you only have to install your data once and create shortcuts to the date form your diff. os

Hds with 2 primarie paritions (hd 250 first series slow and old mostly extracted from the desptop and rebuild as an external drive but anyways)

1. just use the same steps wtich i explained in my first tips
2. but now you can only create 2 primari partitions with one active is your boot
3. but u still want to have 3 os on your system
4. so create 2 primari partitions like if told choose your os best case xp and vista
5. why xp and vista easy you can't boor these two from a non primari Hd.
6. use the rest of the space to create 2 logical drives 1 to install linux/obuntu because this os will boot from a logical drive thats 1 of the better things ms products and the 2 as data
7. and so you have fixed it on an old system

If you are using internal sata divres you won't have any probs at all for the moment it's the most stabel HD doesn't have the tendence to block like the ide drivers sometimes do or refuse to boot up also like you advised make backup on an external HD or On DVD's but don't use adds because the programe gives the image or backup an id number after format the numbers are not the same and adds won't put back your data image i woul'd say make a backup with nero, easybackup or something like that and also don't make a backup whith the tool in your os (xp or vista linux not really shure) because they do the same as adds give a id nummber to the backup and after format id's don't match lost data what you can also try to make a mirror image and rar the files

IMPORTANT : DON'T START MESSING AROUND WITH YOUR HD IF YOU ARE NO SURE IT'S THE SAME AS MESSING AROUND WITH A GIRLFRIEND IF YOUR NOT SURE (JOKE) ALSO WACHTOUT IF YOU HAVE A SYTEM WITH LOW INTERNAL MEMORY BECAUSE YOUR OS WILL CREATE A SWAPFILE IT TAKES WHAT IT NEEDS BUT YOU CAN ALWAYS ALTER THE LIMITS IN SYSTEM OPYIONS JUST DON4T FOOL AROUND TO MUCH WITH IT NOT VERY GOOD FOR YOUR SYSTEM DON4T GO CHANGING THE LIMITS EVERY TWO DAY OR SO BECAUSE YOU'LL SLOWDOWN YOUR SYSTEM REALLY BAD. AND THEN EVEN TUNEUP UTILS OR SO WON4T HELP IT MEANS RESTART EVERYTHING AND MAKE YOUR COUNT IS IT WORTH IT ALMOST 3/4 OF AN HOUR PER OS TO INSTALL THEN YOUR FARVORITE APSS LIKE OFFICE? COREL OR PHOTOSHOP ETC... YOU'LL NEED ABOUT A WEEKEND BECAUSE WE TESTED THIS SENARIO ON AN OLD SYSTEM WHICH IS UESED BY MY KIDS MAN WAS I HAPPY THEY WHERE AT MY EX-WIFES HOME AND THIS IS NO JOKE ONCE BLOCKED RESTART BY USING BIOS SO DON'T BE STUPID CUPID